For FedEx Ground contractors, your vehicles (listed in your Schedule B) operate under FedEx Ground's DoT number. Therefore, you'll need to report mileage and maintenance to FedEx every month. This report is your Monthly Maintenance Report (MMR). Beans Route can automatically generate these reports for you.
- Follow the steps in this linked article to load your vehicles into Beans Route.
- While waiting for your vehicles to be loaded, update your warehouse information.
- Go to Settings > Warehouses.
- You'll see a list of warehouses prefilled from your FedEx data.
- Click on a warehouse row to select it.
- To the right, under "Things You Can Do", click "Modify Warehouse".
- Add the alphanumeric code for the warehouse in the "Domicile" line. (e.g. RCHF/848)
- Repeat this for each warehouse.
- Once your vehicles are loaded, go to Fleet > Vehicles.
- Assign each vehicle to a warehouse.
- Click on a vehicle's row to select it.
- (You can select multiple rows at a time.)
- Then to the right, under "Things You Can Do", click "Modify Vehicle".
- Choose the correct warehouse, then click "Save".
- Add each vehicle's maintenance invoice.
- Select a single vehicle's row.
- Then to the right, under "Things You Can Do", click "Add Vehicle Record".
- It will default to the "Maintenance" option.
- For each invoice, enter the date.
- On the details line, enter the service completed. (e.g. Oil change)
- Finally click Add Vehicle Record.
- We recommend entering invoices for maintenance as soon as you receive them.
- Finally, upload a digital signature in Settings > Preferences > Upload Signature.
How To Easily Create a Signature Image
Go to www.signaturely.com
Create a free account
Go to Settings
Select Edit Signature
Type in your Full Name and Initials in each box
Select a font
Take a screenshot of your signature
Upload to Beans
Go to Settings
Click Upload Signature
Upload your file
Generating The Report
- Go to Fleet > Vehicles.
- Add each vehicle's mileage information.
- Follow the same flow for adding a Maintenance Invoice.
- However, this time, use the dropdown menu to choose "Odometer" instead of "Maintenance".
- Enter the vehicle's current mileage, then save.
- To the right, under "Things You Can Do", click "Generate Report".
- Choose Month.
- This is the month the report is due for.
- January is due February 20th, February is due March 20th, and so on...
- Choose Report Date.
- This is the date shown on the report.
- Beans Route allows backdating.
- Click Generate Report > Save as a PDF.
- Wait for Beans Route to generate the PDF.
- You can then email the report PDF to your terminal.